Fran Howarth specialises in the field of security, primarily information security, but with a keen interest in physical security and how the two are converging. Fran’s other main areas of interest are new delivery models, such as cloud computing, information governance, web, network and application security, identity and access management, and encryption.
Fran focuses on the business needs for security technologies, looking at the benefits they gain from their use and how organisations can defend themselves against the threats that they face in an ever-changing landscape.
For more than 20 years, Fran has worked in an advisory capacity as an analyst, consultant and writer. She writes regularly for a number of publications, including Silicon, Computer Weekly, Computer Reseller News, IT-Analysis and Computing Magazine. Fran is also a regular contributor to Security Management Practices of the Faulkner Information Services division of InfoToday.
Latest research from Fran Howarth
- GRC realities on 8th February, 2019
- State of Industrial and OT Security Report 2018 on 18th December, 2018
- Endpoint detection and response on 7th December, 2018
- The ongoing evolution of SIEM on 7th December, 2018
- Security Response Orchestration on 5th December, 2018
- User and Entity Behavioural Analytics on 5th December, 2018
- Encryption on 7th November, 2018
- Security is a human problem on 20th September, 2018
- Ensuring the future of website security on 4th September, 2018
- Driving into the future with connected cars on 6th July, 2018