Fran Howarth specialises in the field of security, primarily information security, but with a keen interest in physical security and how the two are converging. Fran’s other main areas of interest are new delivery models, such as cloud computing, information governance, web, network and application security, identity and access management, and encryption.
Fran focuses on the business needs for security technologies, looking at the benefits they gain from their use and how organisations can defend themselves against the threats that they face in an ever-changing landscape.
For more than 20 years, Fran has worked in an advisory capacity as an analyst, consultant and writer. She writes regularly for a number of publications, including Silicon, Computer Weekly, Computer Reseller News, IT-Analysis and Computing Magazine. Fran is also a regular contributor to Security Management Practices of the Faulkner Information Services division of InfoToday.
Latest content from Fran Howarth
- Overcoming GDPR compliance challenges on 11th April, 2018
- Overcoming the complexity gap on 10th July, 2017
- Evolving uses of the kill chain framework on 10th July, 2017
- Engendering trust in an online world on 6th July, 2017
- Proactive response on 22nd November, 2016
- The importance of a data protection platform for GDPR compliance on 29th September, 2016
- The promise of managed endpoint security on 27th September, 2016
- Selling unsecure websites is not an option on 24th March, 2016
- Bit9 + Carbon Black emerges as Carbon Black on 3rd February, 2016
- How to raise your organisation’s security maturity level on 29th January, 2016