Martin Banks has been an observer and commentator on the technologies and businesses of the electronics and IT industries since 1968. As one of the UK’s leading specialist journalists he has observed the development of IT systems and their impact on both individuals and business since the emergence of the first semiconductor memory chips and, subsequently, the first microprocessors.
In that time he has either worked on or written for all the leading publications covering the industry, from trade papers such as Electronics Weekly and Computer Weekly, through to national press such as The Times and Financial Times. He was the first winner of the Times/ Hewlett-Packard Technology Columnist of the Year Award, an award he won twice.
Martin recently took on the Infrastructure Implementation brief for Bloor. This refers to the infrastructure and systems required to deliver applications and services to enterprise users, from servers, mainframe systems and data centres through to architectures and operational concepts such as Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Complementing his Bloor work, he now runs his own specialist analysis and writing business. He is still a regular contributor to a number of publications, including Register Developer and IT Week, where he specialises in covering SOA, SaaS and enterprise infrastructure management and implementation. In particular, his focus is the business impact of such technologies.
Latest content from Martin Banks
- Surveys show cloud migration issues as Bloor partners with CIF to help solve them on 27th October, 2015
- Use Flash Storage – get cloud migration and business process re-engineering on 27th October, 2015
- ‘Disruption’ is all the rage, but it is missing the point on 15th June, 2015
- Citrix and the business of ‘&’ on 15th June, 2015
- Digitalisation – do it, but be prepared on 15th June, 2015
- Contact management for all on 3rd December, 2009
- Cutting into mainframe Opex on 19th November, 2009
- Service versus technology – the Intralinks example on 9th September, 2009
- Wholesale datacentres will bring greater service granularity on 3rd August, 2009
- HDS looks to Cloud Economics on 13th July, 2009