Content Copyright © 2013 Bloor. All Rights Reserved.
This blog was originally posted under: The Holloway Angle
QPR Software announced on November 14th 2013 that it will start distributing the new 2014 version of QPR Suite on January 8th 2014. QPR Suite 2014 includes QPR EnterpriseArchitect, QPR ProcessDesigner, QPR Metrics and QPR ProcessAnalyzer.
Jaakko Riihinen, SVP Products & Technology at QPR Software, said, “With the new QPR Suite 2014, our focus has been on supporting business management and enterprise architects in various business transformation and operational development cases such as mergers, changes in business models, and IT investments. We recognized the need to complement the tool with an integrated methodology for enterprise architecture based operational development (QPR ODM), and optimized the tool features to support it.”
Maija Erkheikki, VP Channel Sales and Russian Business, stated. “This release addresses also many other enterprise level requirements, like integration with office tools, content management platforms, and reporting services. In addition to these, there is a plethora of small usability improvements both in the designer client and Web portal.”
The enhancements to the components include:
- QPR Metrics, the performance monitoring component, is enhanced with various features improving efficiency and possibilities to customise. There is support for new platform versions as well as a new reporting backend – QPR SSRS V1.0 Plugin (Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services). Improvements in PowerPoint export and PDF printing support for landscape mode have been included. There is also the possibility to add new UMS (User Management System) users using generic SSO (Single Sign-on).
- QPR EnterpriseArchitect now provides full support for ArchiMate 2.0 as well as support for TOGAF-compliant QPR Operational Development Model 2014 template. There is also a QPR ‘as-is’ enterprise architecture based Operational Development Model demo supplied.
- QPR EnterpriseArchitect and QPR ProcesDesigner have a number of new enhancements including:
- Navigator view filtering with different attribute values and/or element types
- Copy-paste cell values from navigator to Microsoft Excel
- Duplicate relations can be hidden
- Modeling of nested objects
- Drag and drop elements from database to diagram
- Automatic drawing of connectors
- Navigator view support for instance count attribute
- Introduction of diagram hierarchy
- Support for relations values in copy-paste
- Linking external content using CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services) interface
- Support for new platform versions
- New reporting backend – QPR SSRS V1.0 Plugin (Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Improvements in PowerPoint export
- Possibility to add new UMS users using generic Single Sign-on (SSO)
- QPR Portal has added support for new browser versions and several improvements related to viewing, reporting, printing, and office tools integration. This has involved a major improvement to HTML code for web page generation. The new capabilities include:
- Navigation options in full-screen mode presentations
- Improved copying of diagram location links
- Improved copying of briefing booklets with, also, landscape mode
- Localisation of category and status options in the categorisation section of QPR Portal
- Embedded attachments are opened in a separate window
- Fixed columns headers in analysis view
- Showing navigator views in web client with columns configured in modelling client
- QPR ProcessAnalyzer, automated business process discovery software, now delivers ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) features. Automated data integrations and data transformation can be done within the software itself. Furthermore, it can be set up to send email notifications of process state to the organisation or even to end customers. The enhancements include:
- Predefined analysis views: Influence, Variations, Duration, Path
- Extended filtering capabilities for easy and flexible process analyses
- ETL features: effective data transformation with SQL scripts for advanced users
- Continuous data integrations enabling hourly, daily, weekly or monthly reporting
- Support for raw data imports from source systems
- Ability to share scripts between users, models and projects
- Support for sending email event notifications delivering further process visibility
- Support for Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013
QPR will start offering new QPR Metrics based customised models such as QPR Healthcare. QPR Metrics can be linked to QPR ProcessDesigner and QPR EnterpriseArchitect for integrating performance measurement and risk management in enterprise architecture models. This is a real step forward and should be of great interest to SME business as this will provide reporting without the necessity of developing or using a consultant to design reporting solutions.
QPR Suite 2014 software products are standalone but together provide a complete BPMS environment. Launched globally, QPR Suite 2014 is available in over 20 languages.
This is a major enhancement to the QPR Suite and to its components. Once again QPR Software are showing a close attention to detail in improving what was already a good BPM Suite.