- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
Best Practices in Database Performance Management
According to Bloor Research, a wait-based approach to measuring database performance is not only more intuitive, but is also more effective in identifying the root cause of database performance problems. Most database monitoring tools focus on server health. Server performance metrics provide a lot of information about what is happening but not about why it is happening. A time or wait-based approach – monitoring what the database is waiting on – is far more effective and enables DBAs to take a proactive approach to database performance management.
Please join Bloor Research Director, Philip Howard, for this live event. Mr. Howard will cover the three key elements for monitoring database performance and how a wait-based performance approach will help ensure optimum database performance. Sr. DBA and performance expert, Neil Hambly, will demonstrate how Confio Ignite, a wait-based performance monitoring tool, can be used to proactively manage database performance.