Philip started in the computer industry way back in 1973 and has variously worked as a systems analyst, programmer and salesperson, as well as in marketing and product management, for a variety of companies including GEC Marconi, GPT, Philips Data Systems, Raytheon and NCR.
After a quarter of a century of not being his own boss Philip set up his own company in 1992 and his first client was Bloor Research (then ButlerBloor), with Philip working for the company as an associate analyst. His relationship with Bloor Research has continued since that time and he is now Research Director, focused on Information Management.
Information management includes anything that refers to the management, movement, governance and storage of data, as well as access to and analysis of that data. It involves diverse technologies that include (but are not limited to) databases and data warehousing, data integration, data quality, master data management, data governance, data migration, metadata management, and data preparation and analytics.
In addition to the numerous reports Philip has written on behalf of Bloor Research, Philip also contributes regularly to IT-Director.com and IT-Analysis.com and was previously editor of both “Application Development News” and “Operating System News” on behalf of Cambridge Market Intelligence (CMI). He has also contributed to various magazines and written a number of reports published by companies such as CMI and The Financial Times. Philip speaks regularly at conferences and other events throughout Europe and North America.
Away from work, Philip’s primary leisure activities are canal boats, skiing, playing Bridge (at which he is a Life Master), and dining out.
Latest content from Philip Howard
- Cambridge Intelligence Keylines InBrief on 4th July, 2018
- Data Catalogues on 4th July, 2018
- Spreadsheet Management and Governance on 3rd July, 2018
- Managing data lakes: building a business case on 25th June, 2018
- Financial and Business Reporting for Oracle E-Business R12 and 11i (3rd edition) on 25th June, 2018
- Trendalyze on 20th June, 2018
- The MENTIS Data and Application Security Platform on 13th April, 2018
- Conformiq Creator and Conformiq Transformer on 19th March, 2018
- Append-only databases and the GDPR conundrum on 16th February, 2018
- The data-driven enterprise on 25th January, 2018