Philip started in the computer industry way back in 1973 and has variously worked as a systems analyst, programmer and salesperson, as well as in marketing and product management, for a variety of companies including GEC Marconi, GPT, Philips Data Systems, Raytheon and NCR.
After a quarter of a century of not being his own boss Philip set up his own company in 1992 and his first client was Bloor Research (then ButlerBloor), with Philip working for the company as an associate analyst. His relationship with Bloor Research has continued since that time and he is now Research Director, focused on Information Management.
Information management includes anything that refers to the management, movement, governance and storage of data, as well as access to and analysis of that data. It involves diverse technologies that include (but are not limited to) databases and data warehousing, data integration, data quality, master data management, data governance, data migration, metadata management, and data preparation and analytics.
In addition to the numerous reports Philip has written on behalf of Bloor Research, Philip also contributes regularly to IT-Director.com and IT-Analysis.com and was previously editor of both “Application Development News” and “Operating System News” on behalf of Cambridge Market Intelligence (CMI). He has also contributed to various magazines and written a number of reports published by companies such as CMI and The Financial Times. Philip speaks regularly at conferences and other events throughout Europe and North America.
Away from work, Philip’s primary leisure activities are canal boats, skiing, playing Bridge (at which he is a Life Master), and dining out.
Research from Philip Howard
- The Snowflake IPO on 21st September, 2020
- Ontotext makes life easier on 17th September, 2020
- Graph Database (2020) on 11th September, 2020
- Amazon Neptune on 11th September, 2020
- Cambridge Semantics AnzoGraph (2020) on 11th September, 2020
- DataStax Enterprise (DSE) (Graph Engine) on 11th September, 2020
- AllegroGraph (2020) on 11th September, 2020
- Grakn Core and Grakn KGMS (2020) on 11th September, 2020
- MarkLogic Data Hub Service and MarkLogic Server on 11th September, 2020
- Memgraph (2020) on 11th September, 2020