- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
How to Lower Costs by Combining Analytical & Transactional Applications
The holy grail of analytic technologies has long been the promise of predicting future outcomes by analyzing data “as things happen”, allowing for rapid business insights and responsiveness. Challenges still remain, however, it an IT world faced with big data, cloud-hosted applications, and enterprise data warehouses.
Philip Howard, Research Director of Data Management for Bloor Research, has published many research papers, articles, and blog posts on the topics of analytics and analytic applications. His recent analysis of IBM Informix software led Philip to conclude: “… for hybrid environments, IBM Informix software has a number of unique capabilities that cannot be matched by either conventional data warehousing vendors or traditional data warehouses.”
In this eSeminar, Philip will discuss various types of analytics and data warehouse environments and the facilities required to support each. There will also be an overview of Informix functionality from Kevin Brown, Informix Database Chief Architect, IBM.