- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
UK Government Data Handling – A Clear Direction for the Future
“The Data Handling Procedures in Government” report (‘the Report’) sets out clear and mandatory procedures to be followed by all UK government employees that have access to – and responsibility for – citizen data.
Individual departments, as of June 2008, have a responsibility to show compliance on their progress in meeting the requirements of the new Data Handling procedures, including enforcing policies to manage the use of removable media and to encrypt laptops and USB memory sticks. Electronic data must be stored and shared in a way that ensures the protection of this information while also improving the government’s provision of services such as healthcare, benefits, child welfare and law enforcement.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn the requirements set forth in the Report regarding consistency, culture, scrutiny and accountability
- Learn the key steps and capabilities to effectively protect citizens’ data through visibility and control of removable media used by government personnel, auditing of data transferred to and from such media, and the encryption of data stored on removable devices.
- Find out whether this Report has so far produced noticeable results
- Listen to industry experts analysing the Report and sharing their views on the UK government’s ability to handle citizen’s data securely