- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
Warehousing for Low Latency Analytics
Batch data warehousing is disappearing. Typical batch data warehouses are updated every 24 hours or even less frequently. Most warehouse users want more timely information. The velocity of business, the 24 hour-a-day internet, and the “follow the sun” behavior of international enterprises generally means that 24 hour latency is not good enough.
In this webinar Philip Howard will review the continuum of low latency applications ranging from milliseconds to minutes and discuss the technical challenges of data warehousing in these environments. Issues to be covered include:
Types of applications requiring low latency
How to overcome inverse relationship between the quantity of data to be loaded and the latency achievable.
Query and analytic requirements of low latency applications.
Database structures and features to support low latency analytics
Attendees will receive a free copy of Philip Howard’s white paper Warehousing for Low Latency Analytics.
Philip’s presentation will be followed by Shahzad Sarwar, Architect with Level(3) Communications who will describe some of Level(3)’s low latency applications and how they have tackled the challenges of 24 x 7 operations combined with real time analytic requirements.
- Phillip Howard, Research Director, Bloor Research
- Shahzad Sarwar, Architect, Level (3) Communications
- David Menninger, VP Product Management & Marketing, Vertica
Slidedecks and Event Materials
There is one file to download for this event: