- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
The Great Tape Debate
The great tape debate – one that has raged for some time and with the advent of SSDs is as prevalent today as it ever was. Should we still be using tape, is it still fit for today’s modern storage demands? All question that the session speakers will be seeking to address. In addition, the question of whether 30 years from now if you turn them off will they still work?! Can they always be relied upon? Perhaps the next 12 months will tell in terms of determining the future of tape – is there still a significant role for tape technologies or has SSD/Flash seen its demise?
5 key take-away from this discussion include:
- Why backup is not archive and why you need both
- Commercial vs. regulatory and compliance issues
- Impact of e-discovery and data destruction requests on archive and back up
- Most appropriate technologies available
- Why disk and virtual tape libraries are not a viable long term backup and archive solution