David is a sales and marketing specialist with a deep background in business application software, hardware and services, combined with the mentality of a digital native. He’s been involved with blogging, wikis, social media, social collaboration tools and social selling for over 10 years. He has more than 30 years of business management, development, support, operations, and sales & marketing know-how, and over 10 years of practical experience advising on SaaS solutions, Cloud Computing and all things digital. At the start of his career, he spent 9 years at IBM and then worked in senior management and director roles for companies such as Interactive, CSI, Cyberaid, Brook Street Computers, DataWorks, Indus and CODA. He is listed on the Huffington Post, Cloudscreener and Rise lists of the top Cloud experts on Twitter and is passionate about the shift to cloud computing, mobile devices and social media, how these technologies can be deployed to transform business and the way these trends are changing the world of work.
David most often works as a digital transformation consultant and solutions provider, as well as advising firms on cloud-based solutions for content, collaboration, web publishing, online accounting and ERP. He was director of EuroCloud UK, is a Director and Chair of the Cloud Industry Forum, on the governance board of CIF, and Chaired techUK’s Software as a Service Group. For the last two years, he has been one of the judges of the UK Cloud Awards. He is a regular speaker at digital, social business, social media and Cloud Computing events including keynoting at the CeBIT Social Business Arena in 2015, chairing London’s Cloud Computing World Forum in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and lecturing on digital at Henley Business School and digital marketing and social media on Sup de Pub’s MBA course at INSEEC. He also co-produces the London edition of the Enterprise Digital Summit, and David organises the Combined Social Business Sessions London (incorporating London Wiki Wednesdays), was one of the founders of CreativeCoffee Club and Amplified (the Network of Networks).
Research from David Terrar
- Is COVID-19 accelerating a shift from Shareholder to Stakeholder capitalism? on 1st June, 2020
- Clarity, Cloud, and Culture Change at IBM on 15th April, 2020
- We need to shift from Linear Thinking to Mutable Thinking on 2nd April, 2020
- Lawyers meet coders to further the business of law at the Global Legal Hackathon on 7th February, 2020
- API integration, the right data at the right time on 1st November, 2019
- Dr. Richard Sykes – our friend and colleague on 4th October, 2019
- Unlocking value from data – how can the API Economy help you? on 18th September, 2019
- The five things you need to know about Blockchain on 6th September, 2019
- IBM and Red Hat – the Elephant dances in to the Bazaar on 31st July, 2019
- Darwin, Disruption and why Business needs to be Mutable on 15th July, 2019