- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
Configuration Management Forum - Versioning, versioning everywhere....
These days, IT Management and governance generally are defined by, “what you have, where it is, how it is configured, the history of how it got where it is; and where it is going”. As the pendulum swings towards more governance and regulation, this implies that people will start wanting to apply version management far more widely than it currently is.
There are two further insights; firstly, that versioning is not limited to software; as ITIL underlines, everything that is essential to business service delivery may need to be under configuration management; and, secondly, for the business there is a human aspect to all this. A tool can mark a version; a human being adds the all-important description that says why a particular version is important to that person – or to the organisation. We are beginning to need to look at “versioning everywhere”, and “everywhere” isn’t merely “everywhere in the IT group”. When an organisation such as the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) can build its entire automation infrastructure on a rich versioning platform, versioning is becoming a fundamental part of business process and business governance.
Slidedecks and Event Materials
There is one file to download for this event: