Analyst Coverage: Simon Holloway
The company was originally set up as an independent "systems" company specialising in automated material handling systems, software and operational logistics, under the name of C. Haushahn Automationssysteme. In 1991, the company evolved into a software company specialising in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) software with sales and services for automated storage and retrieval systems in North America. In 1999, the company underwent a management buy-out and the name changed to viastore systems GmbH. In 2008, viastore acquired Blesco, an American company based in Grand Rapids (Michigan). Blesco provided system integration solutions for distribution centers and manufacturing facilities.
Viadat has been developed based on 40 years of material handling experience that the company has. The current version is 8.0. The product has been certified in compliance with ISO 9001 and IFS (International Food Standard), the product itself is validated according to GAMP. The functionality supported includes:
- Goods receiving / storage (putaway): includes cross-docking and returns handling;
- Warehouse Control / Warehouse Strategyt: includes support for hazardous materials;
- Management; this covers Inventory, Order and lot management with capabilities for multi-client and multi-warehouse support;
- Transport control: include fork lift control system support;
- Goods issue / retrieval: covers picking, packing and shipping;