Analyst Coverage: Simon Holloway
Founded in 1991, Lexmark is a provider of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services. Lexmark sells its products and services in more than 170 countries. Since 2010, the company has acquired and integrated several strategic software companies into its portfolio; approximately $1 billion of investment. Their purchase of Perceptive Software has given them a software portfolio of:
- Perceptive Capture suite - collects all types of documents and data from any source. When captured, content is securely stored in Perceptive Content or is passed to where an organisation wishes it to be stored.
- Perceptive process and content management suite - consists of:
- Process Mining - an ABPD solution that provides process discovery and improvement;
- Workflow - a BPMS tool with support for case management.
- Perceptive Document Control Suite - allows users to create, edit and maintain documents using any desktop application.
Other software products include:
- Lexmark Secure Content Monitor - creates a searchable digital image file of every document that passes through supported Lexmark devices which is associated with related metadata, such as device, user and location, before being stored so that they can be used for auditing purposes.
- Lexmark Publishing Platform for Retail - prints and publishes shelf-edge signs, labels and tags used in retail stores.