Analyst Coverage: Simon Holloway
IBS Software Services was originally set up in Trivandrum, India in 1997. Operations in Europe started in the same year. The following year the company started operations in the Middle East. Operations in the USA commenced in 2000. The company has grown over the years through acquisition; major acquisitions were:
- Hotel Booking Solutions Incorporated (HBSi), Atlanta, an IT solutions provider to the hospitality industry
- Moveo Systems, a Bangalore-based company developing human interaction solutions for airports and enterprises
- VISaer, a US-based leader in aviation maintenance and engineering (M&E) software solutions
- Discovery Travel Systems, Virginia, a B2B travel technology provider to the cruise, tour, and vacation travel industry
- Avient Technologies from Honeywell International, which caters to the flight ops needs of any type of airline
- TopAir from EDS, which caters to the flight ops needs of small and medium-sized airlines
The company has also made a number of strategic partnerships; these include in recent years:
- strategic alliance with OAG Cargo Solutions in 2009
- partners with Zebra Technologies for logistics solutions for the Oil and Gas industry in 2011
- strategic alliance with Accenture, focusing on People Logistics Management in 2013
IBS Software Service product portfolio consist of:
- Airline Passenger Services: Passenger Reservations; Ticketing & Fares; Departure Control; Loyalty Management; Staff Travel; Special Flight Services; Airline Holiday Management.
- Airline Operations: Fleet Management; Crew Planning, Management, Rostering & Tracking Fleet Maintenance & Engineering; Aircraft MRO
- Airport Operations: Airport Operations; Information Display Management; Departure Control Management; Ground Handling Management.
- Airline Cargo and Logistics: Cargo Sales & Operations; Cargo Terminal Operations; Air Mail & Courier Management; Cargo Revenue Accounting; ULD Management Cargo Revenue Management.
- Oil and Gas Logistics: Suite of solutions that provide integrated, end-to-end logistics management for the upstream oil & gas industry
- Travel and Cruise Management: Web-based inventory and reservation management systems for tour operators & cruise lines and on-board property management system for cruise lines
- Hospitality Distribution: Advanced real-time distribution connectivity and reservation delivery platform for the hospitality industry.