Analyst Coverage: Simon Holloway
Exact provide software and supporting services to the SME marketplace. Their product portfolio for the USA includes:
- Exact Macola: a complete ERP solution for the manufacturing sector
- Exact Globe: An ERP solution for small to medium-sized discrete manufacturers
- Exact Online: a cloud solution aimed at small businesses.
In other countries Exact offer Exact Online for small businesses, divided into specific business areas of Accounting, Accountancy, Project Management, Time & Billing, Wholesale Distribution and Manufacturing. For larger organisations in these countries Exact offer Exact HRM, CRM and BPM which are based on the Exact Synergy process platform as well as offering Finance, Manufacturing, Wholesale and professional Services based on Exact Globe.
The latest release of Macola was announced in December 2015 - release 10.3. The core business functionality supported includes:
- Manufacturing - Control product fabrication and assembly;
- Project Management;
- Quality Management;
- Accounting and Finance - covering the processing of orders and payments;
- Human Resource Management - including the scheduling of resources;
- Customer Relationship Management.
These core business functions are amplified through automation, workflow, and document management capabilities. A further feature is personalised workspaces which provide role-specific views into the core business functions and activity and process management.
The new release includes support for:
- Avalara connectivity - Avlara is software for automated tax compliance;
- Web-services features for order entry and accounts payable;
- Multi-site MRP planning workspace added as the first step in a phased introduction of multi-site MRP functionality;
- Grid-based data entry;
- Windows 10 support.
There is a separate website for Macola: http://exactmacola.com