Analyst Coverage: Simon Holloway
Dassault Systèmes was established in 1981 as a spin-off from Dassault Aviation. The Company entered into a distribution agreement with IBM the same year and started to sell its software under the CATIA brand. The initial target was 3D modelling for product design. As they developed their product through working with their clients, it led them to develop a related product Lifecycle Management solution. From 1999, Dassault Systèmes undertook a series of targeted acquisitions expanding its software applications portfolio to include digital manufacturing, realistic simulation, product data management and enterprise business process collaboration.
The Company's software applications and services span design from ideation, to early 3D digital conceptual design drawings to full digital mock-up; virtual testing of products; end-to-end global industrial operations, including manufacturing management to operations planning & optimisation; and in marketing and sales from digital marketing and advertising to end-consumer shopping experience.
The current product portfolio of the company includes:
- CATIA - engineering and design leading software for product 3D CAD design;
- SOLIDWORKS is a collaborative team-based solution for product design;
- ENOVIA provides support for Product Planning and Program Management;
- DELMIA provides support for planning, managing and optimising global industrial operations;
- SIMULIA provides Finite Element Analysis and simulation software;
- GEOVIA provides modelling and simulation for the use of natural resources;
- EXALEAD provides data discovery and analytics solutions;
- 3DVIA provides enterprises and consumers, 3D space planning solutions;
- BIOVIA is focused on integrating the diversity of science, experimental processes, and information requirements across research, development, QA/QC, and manufacturing;
- NETVIBES provides the ability to develop personalised dashboards for real-time monitoring, social analytics,
knowledge sharing, and decision support;
- 3DEXCITE software, solutions, and CGI services provide high-end 3D visualizations.