Content Copyright © 2017 Bloor. All Rights Reserved.
Also posted on: The Holloway Angle
SugarCRM have just announced a number of new features to Sugar Mobile 5.0, its app for smartphone and tablet CRM users. SugarCRM have seen the daily usage among Sugar Mobile users nearly triple over the last year. Rich Green, chief product officer at SugarCRM, stated, “The CRM industry is still at an early stage for comprehensive mobile solutions. At SugarCRM, where we are driven by a ‘mobile first’ strategy, we expect to see entire sales teams access CRM strictly on mobile. With that in mind, SugarCRM continues to push the envelope with mobile technology and we’ve made a number of significant enhancements to our offering to take it from ‘CRM you take with you’ to an indispensable tool that never leaves your side.”
New features introduced in Sugar Mobile 5.0 include:
- Redefined User Experience – The new version of SugarCRM’s mobile app has a redesigned user experience based on customer feedback, with improved navigation and re-ordered tabs and elements. The number of clicks needed to reach critical CRM data has been reduced.
- Support for Apple Touch ID – Sugar Mobile 5.0 now supports Apple Touch ID. Touch ID is a way to securely authenticate users within iOS apps.
- Customisation – Through the new Sugar MACS service, customers can add their own company name and logo, and select the colour they want to display in the background of the login, splash, and loading screens. No coding is required and with a few clicks, administrators can generate a custom app that supports the organisation’s branding, look and feel.
- Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) – Enterprises now have a better, more secure way to distribute and manage the SugarCRM mobile app with EMM support. By using “app wrapping”, Sugar administrators can control who gets access to the SugarCRM Mobile app and when. Sugar Mobile 5.0 also includes the AppConfig standard, which makes it easier for administrators to manage the app using Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) solutions.
- Deep Linking – Deep Linking allows links to be created that push a user directly into a record or page in SugarCRM Mobile. Mobile deep links mean the user can click on a link and it will launch the SugarCRM Mobile app. Deep linking can be used to perform many tasks, including viewing, creating, and editing records.
Sugar Mobile is available for all Sugar Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate customers. It features “offline storage mode” so users can be productive even when they aren’t connected to Wi-Fi. All existing installations of SugarCRM Mobile will be upgraded to Sugar Mobile 5.0 through the phone or tablet’s native upgrade functionality. Alternatively, upgrades can be performed by searching for “SugarCRM Mobile” in the application stores of your device or using Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
This new release by SugarCRM strengthens their ability to support sales professionals as they travel the world, enabling them to keep in touch with HQ.
The AppConfig Community is a collection of industry leading EMM solution providers and app developers that have come together to make it easier for developers and customers to drive mobility in business. The community’s mission is to streamline the adoption and deployment of mobile enterprise applications by providing a standard approach to app configuration and management, building upon the extensive app security and configuration frameworks available in the iOS.