Stanley Healthcare Solutions, a division of Stanley Black & Decker acquired AeroScout in June 2012. AeroScout are a market leader in Unified Asset Visibility solutions. AeroScout products leverage standard Wi-Fi networks to track and manage the location, condition and status of mobile assets and people. AeroScout’s customer base consists of leading hospital, manufacturing, mining and logistics organisations, including many of the Fortune 500.
AeroScout products include:
- AeroScout MobileView - collects information from multiple data sources and converts its into business solutions, using mapping technology, rules-based alerting and reporting functions in a software platform;
- Wifi Tags - they are battery powered and the different types offer additional capabilities including sensors (such as motion and temperature), call buttons and telemetry.
- AeroScout Infrastructure - consists of:
- AeroScout Exciters which trigger AeroScout's tags as they pass through, go into or out of a defined area to transmit a message that is received by standard Wi-Fi Access Points indicating their precise location.
- AeroScout Location Receivers and Location Points provide TDOA location measurement capabilities for environments requiring these location determination algorithms for high accuracy.
- AeroScout Location Engine is a software component of the AeroScout Visibility System. It processes information received from wireless Access Points to produce location data for assets and people.