Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, mostly in sales and marketing, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paul has a deep knowledge and understanding about the IT services market and is particularly interested in the impact of Cloud, Software Defined infrastructure, OpenStack, the Open Compute Project and new data centre models on both business users and IT vendors. His mix of business and IT experience, allied to a passionate belief in customer focus and “grown-up” marketing, has given him a particular capability in understanding and articulating the business benefits of technology. This enables him to advise businesses on the impact and benefits of particular technologies and services, and to help IT vendors position and promote their offerings more effectively.
Research from Paul Bevan
- Why AIOps is like an angry teenager on 22nd January, 2021
- Significant changes in the Hybrid Infrastructure Management market on 11th December, 2020
- Event Correlation and Automation on 20th October, 2020
- The critical role of IT Asset Management on 2nd September, 2020
- Oracle Cloud on 26th August, 2020
- Cisco moves to cover a Network Gap on 4th June, 2020
- Edge Network Interconnection Platforms on 29th April, 2020
- Not all IT monitoring and management solutions are born equal on 27th April, 2020
- Services are a must in today’s complex hybrid IT world on 3rd April, 2020
- How agile and resilient are your systems? on 19th March, 2020