Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, mostly in sales and marketing, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Paul has a deep knowledge and understanding about the IT services market and is particularly interested in the impact of Cloud, Software Defined infrastructure, OpenStack, the Open Compute Project and new data centre models on both business users and IT vendors. His mix of business and IT experience, allied to a passionate belief in customer focus and “grown-up” marketing, has given him a particular capability in understanding and articulating the business benefits of technology. This enables him to advise businesses on the impact and benefits of particular technologies and services, and to help IT vendors position and promote their offerings more effectively.
Research from Paul Bevan
- Don’t smirk. Your business could be next on 7th October, 2021
- End-to-end visibility on 8th September, 2021
- The Criticality of the Network in the Future of Business on 3rd September, 2021
- Why Edge Computing and why now? on 23rd August, 2021
- Protected: The Bloor Cloud Trail on 13th April, 2021
- Hybrid IT Infrastructure Management Market Vendor Landscape on 7th April, 2021
- Automation Excellence on 31st March, 2021
- Now that is what I call a wide area network on 29th March, 2021
- Moving to a hybrid multi-cloud platform on 4th March, 2021
- Why AIOps is like an angry teenager on 22nd January, 2021