Fran Howarth specialises in the field of security, primarily information security, but with a keen interest in physical security and how the two are converging. Fran’s other main areas of interest are new delivery models, such as cloud computing, information governance, web, network and application security, identity and access management, and encryption.
Fran focuses on the business needs for security technologies, looking at the benefits they gain from their use and how organisations can defend themselves against the threats that they face in an ever-changing landscape.
For more than 20 years, Fran has worked in an advisory capacity as an analyst, consultant and writer. She writes regularly for a number of publications, including Silicon, Computer Weekly, Computer Reseller News, IT-Analysis and Computing Magazine. Fran is also a regular contributor to Security Management Practices of the Faulkner Information Services division of InfoToday.
Research from Fran Howarth
- Alert Logic MDR: case studies on 10th August, 2022
- IDaaS: Identity at the heart of security on 26th May, 2022
- Network Detection and Response on 18th March, 2022
- The Promise of XDR on 18th March, 2022
- The promise of NDR on 18th March, 2022
- What is XDR? on 18th March, 2022
- Autonomous and integrated security for peace of mind on 20th January, 2022
- Human Expertise is Key to Intelligent Incident Response on 7th January, 2022
- The ABCs of cloud security on 16th December, 2021
- Disrupters in the Privilege Management Market on 23rd April, 2021