- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
Practices for enhancing data security - Requirements for data security and information governance
This webinar will feature new research in a Bloor Research report by Fran Howarth, which looks at the data security concerns facing organisations today and the mitigating actions that are being put in place to reduce risk and drive more effective security policies.
Fran will be joined by Boldon James CEO, Martin Sugden, who will demonstrate how Data Classification solutions should be at the heart of any data centric security approach to minimise the risks associated with data loss, increase user awareness and improve the effectiveness of other security solutions such as DLP.
Attendees will learn how:
• Data Security concerns can be mitigated through taking a data-centric view of security, rather than focusing on the perimeter.
• Implementing effective data governance across the information lifecycle is vital to reduce data loss risk.
• Data classification is now being seen as a foundational tool for data security and information governance.
• Classification Metadata can drive other security and data management tools – such as DLP, encryption, rights management and data governance
• Involving users in security can improve security effectiveness
• Security policies and tools need to be extended to all systems and devices, including mobile devices.