- Annual Bloor Symposium
- Executive programme events such as roundtables, workshops and seminars
- Executive peer-to-peer networking events
- Tele-briefings and Webinars
- We have close relationships with many of the most successful CIOs around the world
- The calibre of our facilitator, often an ex-CIO, will create a frank, honest, and constructive atmosphere where you can gain the insight into what your target audience thinks.
- Being vendor, media & research agnostic, we are recognised by the CIO community as an independent voice, able to create mutually-beneficial conversations between CIOs and vendors
- This event has passed.
Instrumenting the Virtualised Datacentre… for Performance SLAs - Overcoming the “not my problem, try that lot over there” issue
In order to deliver services reliably in an increasingly virtualised world, companies need seamless access to performance metrics across their entire infrastructure, whether on-premises or in private/hybrid/public cloud. However, vendors of virtualised infrastructure platforms and services and in-house technology providers struggle to provide effective performance SLAs.
In this session, Bloor Research will highlight what is needed to realise vendor-agnostic performance monitoring and Virtual Instruments will discuss how they are addressing these challenges.
- Full Stack, Application-Centric View of Your Infrastructure
- Highly Granular, Heterogeneous, Agentless Monitoring
- Cross-Silo Correlation and Machine Learning-Based Analytics
Paul Bevan, Research Director IT Infrastructure, Bloor Research
Paul has had a 40-year career in industry that started in logistics with a variety of operational management roles. For the last 33 years he has worked in the IT industry, covering everything from mainframes to personal computers, development tools to specific industry applications, IT services and outsourcing. In the last few years he has been a keen commentator and analyst of the data centre and cloud world. He is also a non-executive director in an NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Sean O’Donnell, Virtual Instruments Managing Director for EMEA
Sean O’Donnell brings a wealth of IT industry knowledge and experience in growing disruptive technology companies. Prior to Virtual Instruments Sean was VP Sales IPsoft UK where he built up the sales and presales teams to deliver multi-million dollar growth in both new and existing accounts. Sean was Managing Director EMEA at SevOne where he grew the business from zero to nineteen point six million dollars in five years. Previously Sean held senior EMEA sales roles at EMC, Dimension Data, SMARTS, Nortel Networks, HP and Siemens.