The Visual Rules Enterprise Platform has all the components expected of full BRMS and Decision Management products. These include a visual modelling environment, rule simulation and testing, an execution engine, monitoring and analysis, management and administration, design time and run time repositories and rule templates. It uses a visual modeling approach to the logic of business rules.
Bosch Software Innovations is globally represented with locations in Immenstaad, Waiblingen and Berlin, Germany; Singapore; Shanghai, China; Melbourne, Australia; and Chicago, Palo Alto, and Vienna, USA.
Customers are in a number of verticals including:
- Financial Services - including Capital One, Commerzbank AG, UBS AG and Volkswagen Bank GmbH
- Utilities - including E.ON Gastransport. NetConnect Germany and Thyssengas GmbH
- Manufacturing - including AIRBUS Deutschland, John Deere, Siemens, SUZUKI International Europe GmbH and Yamaha Motor Corp.
- Retail and logistics - including DHL Excel Supply Chain, Metro and Siemens Transportation Systems (UK)
- Public Sector - including Belgian National Pension Office, Minnesota Department of Revenue and United States Navy
- Telco - including Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone
The Visual Rules Enterprise Platform uses a visual modeling approach to the logic of business rules.
- Visual Rules Modeler is the graphical rules modeling, simulation, test and analysis of rule execution component.
- The Visual Rules Team Server provides the centralised rule repository and provides rule lifecycle management.
- The Visual Rules Execution Server is the runtime SOA execution environment. Business rules can also be deployed directly to any environment with a Java Virtual Machine.
For connectivity to relational databases there is Visual Rules Database Connectivity, which is built into the Modeler and allows for easy access to any JDBC compliant database.
There is also the QA & Deployment Tools, which provide automated quality management and integration into build and deployment processes.
The final component is the Visual Rules Dynamic Application Framework, which allows the creation of dynamic applications (including UI and workflows) from pre-defined rule packages.
Visual Rules has an excellent business-oriented approach to rule expression. Visual rules modeling requires zero set-up effort and instead works directly with existing business object models. Customers report Visual Rules to be extremely agile and easy to learn.
Bosch Software provide consultancy services to support the implementation of their products. Their services include the following:
- Designing process optimisation and automation strategies
- Analysing and specifying processes and rules
- Implementing and operating processes and rules
- Project planning and management
Bosch Software Innovations has developed a comprehensive range of services. Based on the established IBPM methodology, Bosch Software coaching and training courses build on the BPMN 2.0 industry standard. This comprises both the basics of IBPM and additional customer-specific topics. The IBPM methodology concentrates on specialist users and process managers. Bosch Software have expanded IBPM project methodology to incorporate an additional agile method. This involves combining the basics of IBPM methodology with a Scrum approach.
Bosch Software provides training to cover:
- Business training for key users and management
- Technical training for process engineers and system administrators
- Various forms of certifications
- Interactive workshops on current topics and challenges
Bosch Software provide support packages range from workdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. all the way up to 24/7 care with individual response times