Focus Area: Process Management & RFID
Simon’s IT background spans some 20 years as an IT consultant specialising in IS/IT strategy planning, information management, corporate data and process modelling, business process reengineering, software selection and project management. He has worked in IT organisations that include Solidsoft, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Forté Software and Redfern Consulting where he has built up a reputation for his ability to provide translation between the business and IT worlds. He has also worked for a variety of industry and service based organisations including: Cadbury Schweppes, PITO, British Airways, Glaxo and Scottish Widows. Simon joined Bloor in 2007 and now holds the Business Process brief.
Business Process refers to the way in which business processes can be modelled, simulated, managed, monitored and reused. It encompasses methods, techniques and tools to design, enact, control, and analyse operational business processes involving humans, machines/devices, organisations, applications, documents and other sources of information. Within this domain is the monitoring of movements of people and objects through RFID and other sensory devices (bar codes, SCART, photo-electric cells); this is not only in terms of the hardware – passive and active tags, readers and printers with their appropriate standards - but also the software, middleware and applications including real time location systems (RTLS) and ePedigree (Pharmaceutical sector). Business processes are also implemented as application packages; Simon's interest therefore extends to application solutions in vertical sectors such as manufacturing (particularly PLM, SCM, EDI), environment management and health and safety.
Simon’s areas of specialism gained from his wide-ranging manufacturing, BPM and RFID experience, extend to being well-versed in the concept of agile manufacturing, the use of web services in manufacturing, the use of virtualisation within supply chains, the issues in the construction industry around gaining better control of equipment and raw materials, and health and safety.
Simon is married with two grown up children. He is the county hockey coach for the Hertfordshire U17 and U21 men's teams. He sings with the Chipperfield Choral Society. Both he and his wife are keen ramblers.
Research papers include:
- 11 December, 2012 - Optimising back office performance with eg solutions
- 13 September, 2012 - Business Process Management
- 01 May, 2012 - Sage ERP X3 - An ERP for the mid-market
- 08 December, 2010 - Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - What does it mean to us today?
- 07 September, 2010 - Supporting Operations Management at Standard Bank
- 07 September, 2010 - Netfira - a B2B software solution - Connecting buyers and sellers in real time
- 13 July, 2010 - Optimising Back Office Performance With eg solutions
- 29 January, 2010 - Operations Management Platforms for the Services Sector
- 27 January, 2010 - Price Management in Financial Services
- 27 January, 2010 - Operations Management
Recent articles and blog postings:
Contact Simon Holloway
Please use this contact form or the briefing request form.